Cancun, Quintana Roo, 12 May 2009. Tourist activity in Cancun was decimated by the health emergency, but is now responding by taking important measures in sanitation, training and promotion for this season. The Congress and Conventions segment continues to be very active and there are many upcoming events.
- In the Le Meridien Hotel, Cancun they are hosting the lunch for the closing of the Conca-champions Cup. Concacaf is the Football Association or North and Central America and the Caribbean. The managers of 80 teams will attend to celebrate the final of the Concacag Cup champions league which takes place on the 12th May at 9pm at the Andres Quintana Roo Stadium between Atlante ‘Potros de Hierro’ from Quintana Roo and Cruz Azul ‘Maquina Cementara’.
- The Aventura Spa Palace will host the pharmaceutical group Elly Lilly’s convention at the end of May. There will be more than 750 participants.
- In the middle of June at this same hotel will be the Conagra Foods 2009 Convention. Consorcio Agropecuario Americano S.A.C. represents a select group of north American and foreign companies who provide suitable products to improve harvests and plant health in harmony with the environment.
- World Environment Day, 5 June 2009. Xcaret Park was ratified as the host of the International Climate Change Summit with more than 250 officials participating who are specialists in environmental matters. This celebration takes place each year and is organised by the United Nations via the United Nations Program for the Environment and is part of the World Environment Day. The meeting will be presided over by C. Felipe Calderon, Consitutional President of Mexico.
- An event which is now a tradition in Cancun is the one that La Parrilla Restaurant Group has each year. This is the Xll Mole Fair and will be held from the 14 – 31 May. It is to celebrate one of the most traditional dishes in Mexico, and to promote the gastronomy and tradition which in our history has had such a great impact on our culture. The XII Mole Fair is a unique opportunity to savour more than 15 varieties of mole all prepared from original recipes, highlighting the Pink Mole from Taxco for its originality and the Guayaba Mole for its flavor, which is La Parilla’s own recipe.
- The shopping malls have many promotions. If you spend more than $2000 pesos in Ultrafemme and include at least one treatment, Ultrafemme will give you a voucher for the Skin Lounge in Plaza las Americas or in Plaza Caracol for the whole month of May. Luxury Bar, DKNY, Wolford and Les Bons Enfants are offering a certificate4 of 100 pesos for every 1000 pesos spent. This promotion is valid for your next purchase. Tous, Longchamps and Fendi have discounts on selected merchandise and the promotion is valid until they run out of those products.
- Flamingo Plaza invites you the Classic Car Exhibition where you can admire cars such as the Ford 1930, Mustang, Match One, Mini Morris, various Mercedes Benz, among these is the one that competed in the Panamerican 2008, and there will even be a red Viper convertible.