AAA inspectors providing dining ratings for hotels, restaurants and attractions in North America indicate Quintana Roo has exceeded many states in North America in all rating categories. There is a high level of fine dining experiences in Quintana Roo in comparison to all other states in North America including the Caribbean . The city of Cancun comes 4th out of of all the cities in North America, with the most fine dining restaurants with the presitgious Five Diamond rating.
In the hotels category, the State of Quintana Roo rates 6th, with the most five Diamond Rated lodgings in North America,
Wiht the restaurants and hotels combined, Quintana Roo rates 5th in North America and the Caribbean with the most Five Diamond rated lodgings and restaurants.
In the 3 and 4 Diamond categories, the State of Quintana Roo is also a leader with the majority of its establishments falling into this rating category. This is the rating that the majority of travelers tend to visit and experience on their first trip to a new destination.
After much lobbying, for the first time in many years, the US State Department has removed Yucatan Peninsula and Quintana Roo from the travel advisories to Mexico and now indicates there is no travel advisory for this area. The advisory also indicates that it is as safe as most destinations which travelers typically visit in United States or Canada or Caribbean.
“Everything is now in a positive alignment to increase travel to this area” says Tony Perrone AAA Manager for Mexican Relationships. “ It is now the time to utilize all the positive news to encourage visitors who have never been to Quintana Roo, or the resorts of Cancun and Riviera Maya, to come and visit for the first time.
With these AAA ratings and statistics , we can be assured that if they visit once, they will become repeat guests, and spread the positive word of their experience to their friends. I encourage all Travel authorities to take advantage of this time to work together in this effort”
AAA/CAA DIAMOND RATING FACTS
• AAA’s professionally trained inspectors use published guidelines to evaluate and rate lodgings and restaurants as a service to our 53 Million members. The Diamond Rating Guidelines for Lodgings and Restaurants can be viewed at AAA.biz/Diamonds.
• AAA rates more properties than any other rating entity and is one of only two that conduct physical, on-site evaluations.
• AAA’s Diamond Rating System is the only rating system that covers the United States, Canada, Mexico and the Caribbean.
• To be eligible for evaluation, establishments meet basic requirements for cleanliness, comfort and security (lodgings) or cleanliness, food preparation and service (restaurants). Establishments that demonstrate these requirements during an unannounced inspection are designated as AAA/CAA Approved.
• After establishments are designated as AAA/CAA Approved, inspectors assign a rating of One to Five Diamonds based on the extensiveness of services, facilities and amenities typical of each rating level. The Diamond Ratings guide members in selecting establishments appropriately matched to their needs and expectations.
• Travelers can access AAA/CAA Diamond Ratings and Inspector Notes in the printed TourBook guides, eTourBook guides and online at AAA.com using the searchable listings, TripTik Travel Planner or AAA Mobile Web. Plus, those with an Apple iPhone can now access AAA’s travel information on the go with the free AAA TripTik Mobile app. AAA TripTik Mobile uses GPS technology to display AAA Approved and Diamond Rated hotels and restaurants near a user’s location.